The building in the past
The part of the building which faces the Holy Trinity Square was built at the beginning of the 19. century. Antal Mészáros, senior magistrate, the brother of Lázár Mészáros, the secretary of war during the 1848 Revolution had it built. The second part of the building faces Attila Street. This single-level part was built in 1813 in the style of classicism and historism. There used to be a hardware shop of Leó Székely, and this is an inseparate part of the structural union of the main building in Holy Trinity Square. The third part of the building
belongs to Nr. 3 Szabadság Street, which is a fine piece of secession built in 1907. With its interior it definitely matches the former two parts of the building. The outside characteristics of this part is very simple, the emphasis is on the entrance. At the beginning of the 20th century the building was occupied by Reich and Sons Fashion-, Linen- and Carpet Shop. The Reich brothers, Vilmos and Gyula had it built driven by the example of western department stores.